The successful shit show.
We survived the LA Women's expo to the skin of our teeth. Ok, maybe it wasn't that bad; but it was still bad. I have been trying to make each trip an adventure; just not the stressful type of adventure. At least there were no bears...
This one started off with us getting pulled over. The sprinter van we borrowed had a cracked windshield. We got of with a warning, but it put us 30 minutes behind.#gomerpile #roscopecotrain
It's hard to find an air bnb in LA around $100 that is not in the ghetto. I don't want to spend more than $100 to stay somewhere if I am not on vacation. This is the first air bnb I've stayed in where the person actually lives there. She vacated for our stay, but you could tell it's normally her place. It was about 1/4 mile north of the Mohawk and Sunset intersection.
From the outside....yeah.. it looks menacing. I'll never understand why someone would own a property and let it go to shit. In the instructions on how to find our key to get in, the girl told us to watch out for the stairs cause they were breaking and her land lord would not fix them...Also! Subletting? Her "landlord?" I had no idea that was even allowed.
This giant house is made into small apartments, or it was once a nice apartment complex in teh 40's. Now I'm talking small like the IKEA show room houses where they try to convince you it would be cool to live in 400 square feet! haha!
The view was pretty cool minus the traffic cone, trash by the front steps, and random broken TV. 😳
And of course the reason we are in LA is for the Expo. We rented chains and motors for this expo to fly the PA. We were given the wrong sized chains so we ended up having to rent more from the in house. Luckily they were cool about it even though they are union. The thing with unions is it takes four guys to do the work of one guy and they take a lot of breaks. Jeremy and I end up sitting around waiting while they take what I like to call "first breakfast, and second breakfast" and so on...
Finally up and running... at least we thought. Till our lighting board crashed. Seriously...So I find one online at a local lighting house and I walk over to the front of the Staples Center where the guy delivers it to me. I'm sure this looks strange; but not anymore strange than DragCon going on in the adjacent building. I saw a full blown unicorn. It was very exciting! Tyler Henry has got to be one of the nicest people I've ever met with a very sincere smile. I got to walk Mackenzie Phillips to her car after she got lost after she did some shopping. See, you never know who is shopping next to you!
Sunday started off with all the coffee and not just because of all the drinks. The person above our apartment either had a large dog that liked to pace, or a ghost. One or the other, but it went on all night long!
Nothing else major really happened. It was successful. We came home with 5 bottles of vodka as a gift; score! A speaker gave me a book on marriage I just may read. I do hate LA, and not because of the smog and traffic, but because of the homeless that seem forgotten about, and the trash that makes it appear as if a third world country. Let it swim.


Comments
Post a Comment